Cameras for helicopter applications: Flight test cameras, surveillance tasks (cargo, cockpit door, Bambi bucket, etc.), crash recording according to ED-155
Our high-performance Flight Eye cameras (FE 320, FE 350, and FE 250) are perfect for most helicopter-specific applications. The FE 320 COTS camera is small, lightweight, SWaP optimized and offers integrated loop recording. Thanks to its modular design, the camera is extremely versatile and field-proven in a wide range of helicopter applications (civil, corporate, and military) from firefighting helicopters or surveillance helicopters to rescue helicopters. The focus in this area is on cameras and vision systems for BOS helicopters (authorities and organizations) SAR (Search and Rescue) and HEMS (Helicopter Emergency Medical Services).
On the Mi8 firefighting helicopter, a Kappa helicopter camera system provides a perfect, latency-free video view for the smooth and safe Bambi Bucket Fill & Drop operation (monitoring of the firefighting water external load tank). The FE 250 helicopter camera is used here with real-time transmission of the images to the pilot display via SDI.
Kappa helicopter cameras
- SWaP optimized
- Integrated loop recording
- Modular design
Helicopter cameras for surveillance applications | Outdoor
- Cameras for rotor icing detection
- Cameras for rotor surveillance - smoke detection
- Cameras for helicopter door surveillance - closed?
- Cameras for surveillance of cargo under the helicopter
- Cameras for environmental surveillance
- FTI cameras (Flight Test Instrumentation/flight test cameras)
- Sense & avoid cameras
Helicopter cameras for surveillance applications | Indoor
- Cameras for cockpit surveillance
- Cameras for cabin surveillance
- Cameras for cargo surveillance
- Cameras for crash recording