ED-155 crash protection standard
The HENSOLDT SferiRec ® LCR together with the Kappa FE 320 LCR camera, the complete powerful solution
• Acquiring and recording of fl ight data with high-quality cockpit voices and images (4 frames per second, full HD resolution) into the Crash Protected Memory (CPM)
• Consisting of only two Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) easy to install (forward and retrofit)
• Accessing maintenance data directly after flight
• Analysing and evaluating data for debriefing and accident investigation
• Meeting ICAO Annex 6,
EASA NPA 2017-03,
EASA Opinion No. 02/2019 and
EASA SC-VTOL implementing
• Lightest recorder on the market weighing 1 kilogram / 2.2 lbs
• Unites all acquisition andrecording functions in one single box: cockpit voice-, cockpit image-, flight-data and Crash Protected Memory (CPM) that were previously spread across diff erent devices
• Contains its own internal sensors: area microphone (according ED-155), 3-axis gyroscope and
g-sensors, air pressure and temperature sensors, GPS receiver
• Lightest recorder on the market weighing 1 kilogram / 2.2 lbs.
• Available in two form factors (ARINC 408 cylindrical and 306 rectangular)
• Offering a Quick Access Recorder (QAR) via SD card
• EASA (E)TSO-2C197 certifiable (meeting ED-155 / RTCA DO-178, DO-254, DO-160 requirements)
The FE 320 LCR cockpit image data camera provides FullHD 1080p, Ethernet IP and H.264 compression. Perfectly attuned to the SferiRec ® LCR lightweight crash recorder, it meets every ED-112 requirement: HDR video quality under extreme light conditions, frame rate adjustments,
distortion-free images at wide field of view, and uninterrupted, digitally stabilized video streaming even under heavy aircraft vibrations. The product is compliant to ED-155.
• Modular housing design, compact and remote (detached)
• Remote distance up to 10 m
• SWAP-C Design
• Full HD video with configurable bandwidth down to 200 Kbit and frame rate (1-60 fps, e.g. 4 fps)
• No additional costs for video compression
• PTP time stamp at frame acquisition
• Fully qualified ED-112, ED-155, DO-178 DAL D, DO-254 DAL D, DO-160 ML
|they are commercially operated (CAT or SPO)|
|it is a turbine-engined aeroplane with a Maximum Certified Take-Off Mass (MCTOM) of 2.250 kg or more|
|it is an aeroplane having a Maximum Operational Passenger Seating Configuration (MOPSC) of more than 9 passengers|
|it is a turbine-engined helicopter with MCTOM of 2.250 kg or more|
HENSOLDT has more than 35 years of experience in designing, producing and delivering crash recorders. More than 1000 crash recorders of various types have already been produced and delivered for fixedwing, rotary-wing and UAV platforms. HENSOLDT holds a number of important patents in this field. In particular, HENSOLDT has developed unique and leading-edge know-how in the miniaturization of certified crash-survivable memory units.
KAPPA has 40 years of experience with cameras and vision systems in rugged and certifiable design for anything that drives or flies. We ensure maximum performance of higher level systems with innovative solutions for day and night operation and lightweight SWaP-C optimized cameras for indoor/outdoor use. Close collaboration with our major aviation clients sets the course for demand-oriented development.
We are not only leaders in technology. Moreover, we meet all safety requirements on design assurance procedures in hard- and software development, qualification and certification (DO-254 and DO-178 through DAL B, DO-160, MIL STD 810/704, and NATO Supplier Code C4792). KAPPA is one of very few EN/AS 9100-certified camera suppliers with 21G competencies under the supervision of a major OEM.